Tuesday, March 10, 2009

March 9, 2009

Tech De Monterrey is by far the nicest campus that I have ever visited. The classrooms all face the out doors, and everything looks brand new. I am very disappointed in the school however. They seemed to have let us without a lot of information that Oscar, our point of contact here, sent to the school. That being said Tech de Monterrey’s staff is awesome. Oscar our Tech liaison has helped us out tons. I do feel very unstylish on the campus though. Everyone is dressed to kill on campus, and here I am white guy with slacks and a button up shirt, and no stylish sunglasses.
Currently we are off to tour a Tequila brewery. My only concern is if they are going to provide limes for us to chase the Tequila shots with, because if not, I am going to be very offended. On a more serious note though I have already told Ohlen that I plan on drinking him under the table at the brewery. Driving through the Mexican countryside looks very much like driving through middle Utah; dry, arid, and mountains covered in brush that look brown and dry. Looks exactly like Utah.
Tequila Heradurra is interesting to say the least. I often wonder in humanity would have put the same amount of thought into making alcohol early on in civilizations history into other technological advancements where would we be today. It really is an amazing process the whole turning the Agave plant into tequila. I got to try somewhat what tequila tastes like. I did not drink tequila, but I was able to chew on the cooked Agave plant right before the juice goes through the fermentation process. And while I am pretty sure that Tequila tastes like s!@#, the cooked Agave was quite sweet and tasty. The area that surrounds the Tequila Hacienda was very interesting as well. Agave plants as far as the eye can see, but there was not a lot of infrastructure, especially since Tequila is the biggest product that Jalisco produces, and is considered the National Treasure.
That night we tried to find a restaurant, and in the process, we found a great bar owner that spoke English and helped us to order food at the place next to his bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment